The Image Analysis and Learning group is looking for a PhD student interested in applied Computer Science research. The research directions include parallelization, lazy computation and user experience improvement for interactive machine learning. The project will start from our ilastik toolkit (www.ilastik.org) and evolve following the needs of its users and algorithmic advances in the lab.
- exciting topic which will be realized as open source software
- collaboration with leading experts in cell biology and neuroscience
- fun, fast-paced and friendly environment
- remuneration according to TVÖD
- good Master degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Physics or another strongly quantitative field
- experience with scientific computing in Python and C++
- interest in developing software for real users
- strong English communication skills
Please send your CV, a link to your previous projects and a pull request to any of our main repos on github (http://github.com/ilastik/ilastik.git, http://github.com/ilastik/lazyflow.git, http://github.com/ilastik/volumina.git) to firstname.lastname@example.org. After reviewing your pull request we will ask for the rest of the official application package (references, certificates, etc).